Saturday, October 10, 2015

Brandon Robinette: Life of a student athelete



#33 Brandon Robinette  So. F 6foot 5inches from Escanaba, MI  Major: 
Business

Brandon Robinette is a college basketball player for Finlandia University. Home of the Lions. A division three NCAA basketball program. He played twenty three games, and averaged 12.5 points per game, and seven rebounds. He is from Escanaba high school. we had the chance to sit down and have a question and answer with him about, how life as a student athlete is for him his second year of playing for the Finlandia University Lions.

1. What did u do in the off season to prepare for the upcoming season?

A) In the off season I prepare by playing in many Rec leagues and open gyms as well as lifting basically I play every day.
2. What does it mean to u to be a student athlete?

A) I take the student part seriously. An education is the reason I am here, basketball always comes second. Me being a D3 athlete I understand that I am not going to the league, and basketball cannot determine my entire future. 

3. What's ur biggest joy about the game of basketball.

A) My biggest joy would have to be getting W's. I am the type of player who will pass up the open shot to get a better shot if it benefits my team.

4. Favorite sneaker to hoop on?

A) My favorite sneaker is Adidas, because they are light and have good ankle support.

5. What team do you look most forward to playing against this season?

A) I look forward to playing NMU as they are a D2 team

6. How do you plan to contribute to your team this year?

A) Last year as a freshman I was the second leading scorer and leading rebounder, but also had a high turnover. My goal this year is improve my numbers obviously become the leading scorer, and continue my rebounding while lowering my turnovers.

You can follow Brandon Robinette on twitter: https://twitter.com/B_Rob24


No comments:

Post a Comment